Q. I’m interested in your software, but I need a special feature.
I have an idea that requires that my users would be able to create their own penny auctions. A feature similar to what ebays business model proposes, meaning that every user can be not only a buyer but a vendor as well and keep his personal feedback curriculum.
Please let me know if your software provides this option or the cost for customization?
A. We heard this idea several times before, but denied such request and advised to reconsider this plan for the following reason.
What cripples this idea is the inability to control the customer. Suppose you’ll attract some dishonest or incompetent people, it’s important to consider the possible damage tier actions can cause to both you, your business, and to other customers.
- If a vendor won’t advertise his auctions and wont drive customers to it, the auctions will end fast, not brining any significant income, but still requiring the vendor to send the price to the winner.
- Dishonest individuals could set for auction non existing items, and refuse to sent prizes to the winners and still all the financial claims will be presented to you.
However this problem can be solved:
There should be one basic penny auction website.
- All the personal sites of your customers will be just additional front-ends of your auction.
- Your customers will eligible to exhibit their products.
- All auctions that will run on their “site” will actually run at the main auction site. However, your customers will see how many clients they attracted, how many clients spent money and brought a profit, and what is their own income.
Such an addition can be developed and will take about 2 – 3 weeks to complete.